What we do
Our mission is to foster and promote the interests of higher education and university research. We participate in the development of public policy to find solutions to the economic and social challenges facing Canada. We work closely with governments, private sector and the public to raise the profile of higher education.
Our main membership activities are:
- advocating for higher education
- developing public policy
- sharing information on postsecondary education
- developing leadership seminars for university leaders
- managing scholarships and international programs
- publishing reports, publications and an award-winning magazine
We are not a national accreditation body. Canada has no formal system of university accreditation. Membership in AUCC held in conjunction with an appropriate provincial legislation or charter may be accepted in lieu of institutional accreditation.
More information »